Learn Professional Product Ownership
Professional Scrum Product Owner™ (PSPO) is a hands-on, activity-based course where students explore Professional Scrum and develop an understanding of the critical role that the Product Owner plays on the Scrum Team. Throughout the class, students learn a number of Product Ownership practices that they can use once they leave the classroom while also receiving an introduction to Agile Product Management.
The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) certification exam.
There are many myths and misconceptions about the role of the Product Owner. The accountabilities of the Product Owner, however, go well beyond managing the Product Backlog and writing User Stories. The Product Owner is pivotal to bridging business strategy and product execution in order to help the Scrum Team create valuable products.
In this two day class* students will develop and solidify their knowledge of the Scrum framework and the accountabilities of being a Product Owner through instruction and team-based exercises. Students learn techniques that they can use to help them overcome the challenges that are often encountered on a day-to-day basis. They will do this while learning better ways to work with the organization, stakeholders, customers and their team to provide greater value in the product being delivered.
View the different Focus Areas covered within this class and others.
* When offered in-person, this course is generally delivered over two consecutive days. When offered as a Live Virtual Class, the course may be broken up into more, shorter days.
Course Learning Objectives
- Increase business agility through the proper execution of the Product Owner role
- Recognize the value of a product over project mindset
- Learn how to bridge business strategy to product execution using Scrum
- Understand that the Product Owner is an Agile Product Manager
- Understand the Scrum Principles and Empiricism
- Understand the Product Owner accountabilities on the Scrum Team
- Learn how to align the team around the business strategy, product vision, Product Goal, and Sprint Goal
- Find ways to effectively communicate the business strategy, product vision, and Product Goal
- Learn techniques for Product Backlog Management, Release Management, and Forecasting
- Identify metrics that can be used to track value creation, and successful product delivery
- Discover techniques to interact with stakeholders, customers, and the members of the Scrum Team
Professional Scrum Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Owner course receive a password to take the Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSPO I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PSPO class participants who attempt the PSPO I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a second attempt at no additional cost.
You are also entitled to a discount on the PSPO II assessment once passing PSPO I.
Who Should Attend
This course is appropriate for students in any industry where teams are working to solve complex problems. The Professional Scrum Product Owner course is for:
- Professionals interested in starting a career as a Product Owner
- Product Owners with some experience in the role that are looking to improve their understanding or fix their misconceptions of Scrum and the Product Owner role
- Scrum Masters wishing to be an effective coach to Product Owners will also find valuable insights in this course
While this course covers an introduction to the Scrum framework, it’s primarily from the perspective of the Product Owner. Therefore, it’s best if the students come to the course with an understanding of the fundamentals of Scrum, ideally as demonstrated by passing the Scrum Open.
Dynamic Prices based on your part of the world!
- Primary Market Ticket EUR 1350 – This ticket is for residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States
- Secondary Market Ticket EUR 800 – Tickets for all countries not listed as primary. You may be asked for evidence of residence after processing.
- Tertiary Market Ticket EUR 450 – This ticket is for residents of African and some Asian countries. You may be asked for evidence of residence after processing.
For payment instructions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still questions? Chat with us