Practices for Scrum Teams to Deliver Quality Software FrequentlyApplying Professional Scrum™ for Software Development (APS-SD) is a 3-day hands-on course where students experience how to deliver quality software using Scrum with Agile and DevOps practices. Students work in Scrum Teams over a series of Sprints, creating code on a realistic software system to learn Scrum while using Scrum. The course, formerly known as Professional Scrum Developer, includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Developer I certification exam (PSD I).
What You Will LearnOver the 3 days, students gain a real-world view of what it is like to build software with Scrum. They collaborate over a series of Sprints applying modern engineering practices, and using the Scrum framework to manage complexity. The key focus of the class is on how to develop and deliver increments of releasable functionality. Students will experience real-world challenges and issues, and through a series of Sprints will learn how to continuously improve the way they perform their work. The course teaches how Agile engineering practices and supportive DevOps tools complement Scrum and further advance a team’s capabilities. The course is available in .NET and Java specific technologies, along with a generic technology course. Professional Scrum Trainers can work with you to define a specific technology stack that meets your needs in private classes for your organization. The .NET version was developed in partnership with Microsoft® and is the official training solution for Microsoft Visual Studio. View the different Focus Areas covered within this class and others.
Who Should AttendThe APS for Software Development course is intended for all members of a Scrum Team involved in developing and delivering software based systems including: architects, analysts, programmers, database developers, testers, managers, IT-Operations and others, including Scrum Masters and Product Owners. This course provides greatest value if the whole Scrum Team (Developers, Scrum Master and Product Owner) attend together and experience the power of real teamwork. Teams that attend together are not only able to apply learnings to their work immediately, but are also able to recall their classroom experiences to overcome particularly challenging times. Of course, this class is also valuable to individuals attending without their entire team. These students will experience working on a Scrum Team during the class and will be able to transfer their learnings to their teammates, often convincing their teammates of the advantages of using Scrum, Agile and DevOps practices.
Professional Scrum Developer CertificationAll participants completing the Applying Professional Scrum for Software Development course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) assessment. APS-SD class participants who attempt the PSD I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost. Students of official Scrum.org Applying Professional Scrum for Software Development classes are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM I assessment once passing PSD I. The industry-recognized Professional Scrum certifications require a minimum passing score.
Dynamic Prices based on your part of the world!
- Primary Market Ticket EUR 1450 – This ticket is for residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States
- Secondary Market Ticket EUR 950 – Tickets for all countries not listed as primary. You may be asked for evidence of residence after processing.
- Tertiary Market Ticket EUR 600 – This ticket is for residents of African and some Asian countries. You may be asked for evidence of residence after processing.
To register and for payment instructions please email: email@example.com.
Still questions? Chat with us
- Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management SkillsDetails RegisterLive Virtual Classby effective agile.December 11, 2023
- Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management SkillsDetails RegisterLive Virtual ClassJanuary 17, 2024
- Professional Agile Leadership - Evidence Based ManagementDetails RegisterLive Virtual ClassMarch 27, 2024
- Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management SkillsDetails RegisterLive Virtual ClassMay 8, 2024
- Professional Agile Leadership - Evidence Based ManagementDetails RegisterLive Virtual ClassJuly 10, 2024