CHANGE AGENT AND CEO
Ralph, a German computer scientist, is an agile veteran. His first contact with agile was through eXtreme Programming (XP) in late 1999. Ralph setup test automation, continuous integration systems (CI) and build pipelines while working at Oracle in the UK years ahead the curve.
During the dotcom-high-days in 2000 he moved to New York doing some consulting and technical work at various banks. Around that time he immersed himself into Scrum. In 2001 he moved to the Bay Area to help Applied Biosystems (now Thermo Fischer) to kickstart their agile transition in various areas: technical, team level and management.
After six years he joined ThoughtWorks, the first agile consultancy, out of their San Francisco office. While at ThoughtWorks his clients included: The Gap, Inveneo, LinkedIn, Google and Roche Pharmaceuticals.
In 2009 Ralph moved to Bern to help Zühlke to establish their agile offerings.
Since 2011 Ralph is a lecturer at the University of Applied Sciences in Bern where he teaches an agile living case in the medical science department.
He is a senior Scrum trainer with Scrum.org since 2010 (personally trained by Ken Schwaber and the first trainer in continental Europe), a Management 3.0 facilitator since 2014. Ralph is the author of the best-selling book ‘The Professional Product Owner’.
In 2011 Ralph founded effective agile, a premier agile consultancy.
effective agile Partners
- effective agile provides the official Professional Scrum™ from Scrum.org
- effective agile is a Professional Training Network™ member at Scrum.org
- effective agile is a certified Management 3.0 facilitator at Happy Melly
- effective agile is a Certified Change Consultant with Enterprise Agility University
- effective agile is a Evidence Based Management Engagement Management provider at Scrum.org/EBM