CHANGE AGENT AND CEO
effective agile Partners
- effective agile provides the official Professional Scrum™ from Scrum.org
- effective agile is a Professional Training Network™ member at Scrum.org
- effective agile is a certified Management 3.0 facilitator at Happy Melly
- effective agile is a Certified Change Consultant with Enterprise Agility University
- effective agile is a Evidence Based Management Engagement Management provider at Scrum.org/EBM
Marc is a solid Software Engineer with more than 15 Years of experience on big and small projects. As a tech lead and coach he usually tries to take on roles which involve hands-on coding with a team as well as helping the management team understand how modern software development is done in an effective way. His ability to clearly communicate and act on multiple levels allows him to bring engineering and management closer together and therefore unlock a lot of potential – and value for the customer.
An apprenticeship as software developer marked the start of Marcs career, followed by degree from university of applied science in Biel. His work experience mostly stems from large organisations, but quickly changed when he joined Zühlke in Switzerland where he was exposed to a wider range of different projects. Moving to London and joining Thoughtworks marked another big step in his career as he not only got to work in different countries (UK, Ireland, Germany, India…) but also learned first hand from some big names of our industry as well as some book authors like Barry O’Reilly, Kief Morris etc.
Back in Switzerland, Marc likes to see himself as a simple software developer who still likes to write code every day. In reality, due to his vast experience especially in agile software development, DevOps and Continuous Delivery, he usually is involved in all sorts of very senior software delivery roles which go beyond just writing code.